Saturday 19 July 2008

Highgate Cemetery


Today was a fantastic day. My dad stayed over with us on friday night, we spent the night chatting together which was great as I do miss seeing him a lot. We woke up pretty early and headed over to Hampsted Heath, its such a beautiful part of the city. It really felt like we had been transported to somewhere miles and miles from where we live but its really not that far. We spent some time walking around and taking in the amazing views from Parliament Hill. My Dad then decided he wanted to swim in the outdoor ponds, they are freezing but he is crazy so I expected nothing less!

We then treked up to Highgate Cemetery, I had never really heard about it before today. It was incredible, covered 17 acres and was built in 1839. We learnt a lot about the history of the Victorians and the stories of those who were buried there. I would definitely recommend a tour around it.

I had a great day, working my mind body and soul. :) and then I pigged out on Ben and Jerrys ice cream tonight to treat myself!!

No comments: